Monday, January 31, 2011

Making Christmas Tamales!

 Every Christmas morning growing up Aaron had Tamales for breakfast.  Every year we say we are going to make them, but it is a huge time consuming project that we never start.  This year for Christmas we were at his parents house and so we joined in on their Tamale making.  Aaron made the meat and everyone helped put them together.  Above is Mason and Rose making some. 
 Kylie, cousin Sophie and Taryn waiting to begin.  Aarons sister Tiffannie got the girls some really cute aprons to wear while they helped.
 Mason, Rose, and Aaron working the assembly line.
 Reina playing with toys in the back room.  Reina was sick for about the first 5 days while we were there which was stressful.  She would throw up only once a day, but act fine otherwise.  Love her cheese face!
The tamales were so good.  I would say out of all of my kids, Taryn sat at the table helping the longest.

2 comments:

Christian, Kerri, & The Boys said...

YUM YUM, I love Tamales!!!

Jennifer said...

Good Blogging! I love Reina's cheese-face too! So cute!