Saturday, July 9, 2011

38 things........

Today is Aarons 38th birthday.  Just wanted to post a little shout out to him.  He has done a lot in 38 years and I kind of consider him a Jack of All Trades.  Since I make books out of my blog, I wanted to record some of the things I like most about Aaron.

1.  He makes me laugh.
2.  He is a great father.  Whenever I ask him to watch the kids & thank him for doing so, he says "I am not a babysitter, I am their father."
3.  He is one of the hardest workers I know.  He is a workhorse.  If you ever camp with him, he will never let the fire go out.
4.  He inspires me to be a better person and believes in me.
5.  He honors his priesthood and is a great example of a worthy man.
6.  He likes our kids to dress cute.
7.  He is really smart.
8.  He LOVES to cook and always let's the kids help him.   2 Thanksgivings ago, he beat me at a Pumpkin Pie Throwdown.
9.  Even though we only have one car in law school, he always considers my schedule when he needs it.
10.  He provides for me and the kids.
11.  He gives me a break when I need one. 
12.  He loves to snuggle.
13.  He helps around the house.
14.  He has the best laugh I have ever heard.
15.  He will explain anything you ask him.
16.  He answers questions by asking YOU a question.  Sometimes the same question you asked him.  It can be confusing, but it is funny now.  (little inside joke)
17.  He is fun.
18.  He goes to the waterpark with us.
19.  He always wants to do things all together as a family.
20.  He loves to sing around the house.
21.  He wakes up happy everyday. ( I do NOT)
22.  He makes the BEST salsa and I still stand by that I married him for that reason.
23.  He is the most loyal person I have ever met.
24.  He likes Disneyland.  It is true and I am not just saying that because I want him to take us when we are in CA later this month.  SWEAR.
25.  He supports me in trying to finish my degree & he is the reason I ever started school at BYU-H in the first place.
26.  Whenever I sign up for something (like taking someone a meal) or making a bunch of cakes for the kids school, he helps me do it.
27.  He lets our babies sleep in our bed & changes diapers.
28.  He gives me and our daughters pedicures.
29.  He plays sports with his son because he WANTS to.
30.  He has done well in law school and will be an excellent attorney.  In 10 months and counting, but who is counting?  Oh yeah, I am.
31.  When we are walking up hills or stairs and I am struggling or pregnant, he puts his hand on my lower back and helps me along.
32.  He loves to take me on dates still.
33.  He keeps me updated on current events.
34.  He listens to me.
35.  Mason (9) says "he goes to the movies with me a lot."
36.  Taryn says(7) he does really nice things for me."
37.  Kylie says(5)I love him and he is handsome and he is the best Dad."
38.  Reina says(2) "I wove him & I wove him for his birthday."

There you have it. 38 Reasons that I love him.  HAPPY 38th BIRTHDAY!

5 comments:

Kacie said...

I think you guys are the cutest couple in the world. Just sayin'. Happy Birthday Mr. Banks!

Howard Family said...

He sounds like an awesome dad/husband/friend...you're very lucky! Happy birthday to him. :) (And I hope you get to go to Disneyland!!)

Joy said...

So sweet! I am happy that you found a great one! (I mean I think I found one too!) I think the only thing I am jealous about is the pedicures! I don't know what I would have to do for that one I haven't figured it out yet!

Dayle Tedrow said...

I can picture all these things in your busy little house. It is a wonderful list! I love him, too, because he is all those things to my daughter and my grandkids!

Hannah S said...

You guys make a great couple!