This picture below says it all about my 3 year old lately. TROUBLE. 3 comes with an attitude in this house it seems. I think two is much easier than 3. She acts out a little, so I have been trying to give her some extra love and attention.
Yesterday, I got the kids drumsticks to eat outside since it was a whooping 65 degrees. The winter here was not as bad as I expected, but it feels like the Spring has been cloudier and colder than some of the winter time. Until this week. This week has been beautiful.
Look at this pose. Ok all of the sudden this boy is hilarious! We all know he got it from his mom. On Saturday he and Aaron were wrestling, and he stopped and looked at Aaron and said "Hey sharpclaw, get a pedicure!" It was really funny, and he is always cracking us up lately. He tells me that he is funnier than me, but we all know the truth. I wish I was on his fieldtrip with him today.
Look at this sweet face. That is why we call her sweets. Lately she has been extra responsible. Sleeping in her bed all night, making her bed in the mornings, and cleaning her room without being asked. I can't believe she is almost 5, and will be heading to Kindergarten in the fall. She is doing great at reading, and is a quick learner. I don't know if she can make it without me all day. Sadly, I know she will be just fine.

Reina is almost 6 months. I can't believe it. She is a good baby, but has been sick all week with a cold, and had her first fever. She has been fussy , and wants to be held a little more. That is ok with me.
Reina is almost 6 months. I can't believe it. She is a good baby, but has been sick all week with a cold, and had her first fever. She has been fussy , and wants to be held a little more. That is ok with me.
Conference weekend was wonderful as always. I really needed to hear those talks. Mixing conference with the weather change that the spring brings, it always renews my spirit, and increases my faith.
I love Spring!!
8 comments:
Good luck with the whole nap/no nap thing. I went through the same thing with Addyson, but never felt like I won the battle. Each day I had to decide which I wanted more, nap or a decent bedtime. It's a good thing my kids have a dad that comes home at night to save them from me when I've had it with the whining from not taking a nap!
Just kidding, that was really me, not Scott.
I am with you Ashton will be 3 next month and the nap thing is a real pain...he does the same thing but sometimes even if he doesn't nap he gets a second wind and still stays up until 10. It doesn't make for a happy momma. No suggestions here...as soon as we think we have it figured out he does something different. We just say good thing they are cute!
Drew's doing the same thing ... lately I've taken to just putting him in bed (I've given up on "routine" as he fights just as much no matter what we do) at naptime and walking away - I let him cry or play or read books, or once in awhile even nap! Wish there was a magic bullet but the "advice" and stories are as varied as the child ... so um I guess what I'm saying is I'll see you on the other side of this "phase" w/ these two?! :) If you find something working tell me!
I am very happy my car wasn't hit harder and that all the people involved are uninjured.
Ashley is having a little girl, Monroe Eva. I can't believe it is only 5 weeks away either.
So cute, Sarah! I love your posts. No suggestions on the nap thing. Jack is in the same stage. I do try to keep him awake, but sometimes I fail. If I see him trying to doze, I try to come up with something really exciting to do or eat and that sometimes helps.
I think three years old is much more difficult than two too
Heath
your kids are beautiful sarah!
Post a Comment