Last Wednesday we got a call from Aarons' family that his dad was in the hospital having chest pains. After many tests, they discovered that he needed bypass surgery. The 3 main arteries to his heart were over 80% blocked, so he is lucky that he survived this. So on New Years Eve, I dropped Aaron off at the airport, and he was able to go spend a few days with his family during a hard time. Duane is now recovering well, and we are so grateful! He is a wonderful Grandpa and we are so happy he has more time with us! We spent a lot of time with him over the summer, and he did so many fun things with the kids. Our kids were so worried about him, as were Aaron and I. I hope and pray that he heals quickly.Although it is barely 2010, I have learned this year that life is precious. I know that families are forever, but I also know it is hard to lose a loved one. A friend of mine has a brand new baby who is fighting for his life with RSV, whooping cough, and pneumonia.
Someone else I know just suddenly lost her 35 year old sister from a heart defect out of the blue. She had a husband and 3 kids.
This year may we all try to treat our loved ones a little better, squeeze them a little tighter, and be thankful for life and our health in general.
Happy New Years!!
1 comment:
I am glad that everything went well. Thanks for this reminder. Life is so crazy sometimes we forget. =)
Post a Comment