
We have been trying to implement household chores. We bought a re-usable chart, and they get to put stickers on each day as they complete their chores. Mason was loving it, and doing great, but Taryn and Kylie were having a hard time sticking with it each week to get a treat at the end of the month. Each day that they do all of their daily chores, they can earn a treat such as fruit snacks, a candy and so on, but they have to do it for 4 weeks to earn a monthly reward. We were at the mall a couple of weeks ago when Mase decided that he wanted to use his first monthly treat at Coldstone Creamery. The girls were with us, and had not done all of their chores, so I took them out to the car while Mason and daddy were at coldstone. Of course they were not happy. It was hard for Aaron and I not to give in and get them ice cream too, but we stuck to our guns even though it broke our hearts. The girls learned an important lesson and have been doing much better since then. So this past weekend daddy treated all of his girls (minus Reina of course) to pedicures as a reward. I had not had one since mothers day, and of course it was a first for the girls. Thanks babe!

My oldest girls and I enjoying being pampered. Of course the girls just got their fingers and toes painted and flowers on them and it was not even close to the price of an actual pedi. They sat so still and loved every minute of it!

Kylie and Taryn.

Sisters showing each other thier nails. Probably telling each other "mine look better than yours!" Ha ha!

After the pedicures we went to coldstone to finish up the treat day! I was proud of myself for steering clear of the tempting ice cream since I am trying to lose weight. My treat will be all of the clothes I can fit into as I shed this weight.
7 comments:
how cute! i wish i got pedicures for doing chores at my house!
i love those girls!!
So cute, Sarah! Can't wait until I can do that with Halle. I'm hoping we can get into a good chore routine once we're into our house. Fingers crossed! And I'm proud of you for saying no to the ice-cream! I have no will power and want to do weight watchers, but I guess not bad enough or I'd be doing it right? I feel like I'm always letting myself overindulge and it needs to stop! Jealous of the pedicure! They're always so fun!
That is a great treat. I love Pedicures they are so relaxing.
How fun! My kids used to get Chuck E. Cheese tickets for their chores. They mock us because how cheap we were, but it worked great! Your rewards sound much more fun. Glad you could have girl time:)
GREAT reward! I'm currently working my girls towards a Girl's Day and a mani & pedi were on the list of things to do when we go out
Way to stick to your guns. What a good mom you are. And it all turned out in the end, and you had a memorable time with your girls. So cute.
Post a Comment