Sunday, September 25, 2011

Dirty Dash

Jennifer, Devan, Me, Betsy, and Natalie
I am really behind on blogging, but wanted to get this picture up.  Yesterday, 4 friends and myself participated in the Dirty Dash run up in Midway.  It was my first 10k (6.2 miles) and it was a lot of fun.  There were obstacle courses along the way such as climbing walls, metal tubes and even going through a muddy swamp.  It was crazy.  Aaron had a law school meeting, but my mom and Steve were in town so they brought Mason up with them to watch us finish.  My mom graciously bought Mason a bag of water balloons to throw at me as we were crossing the finish line.  Nice huh.  This was a fundraising event for Lymphoma and a great thing to be a part of.  It makes me want to do a 10k without the obstacle courses.  I have a lot of bruises and soreness today, but it was worth it.  Of course, Devan and I had to stop at In N Out on our way home since we burned so many calories during the race.   

No comments: