Sunday, October 9, 2011

The Beach

Reina ready for the water.
 During our summer vacation which consisted of 21 days in Southern California, we visited the beach twice.  The first time I didn't pull out my camera once, so here are some pictures of us with Aarons side of the family at Del Mar in August.

Taryn, Kylie, Aaron, Gavin and Sophia
Aaron always helps the kids make sandcastles. 
Tiffannie, Duane and Rose.

 Aaron the Mermaid.
 Kylie the seaweed princess.

Gavin and Mason the mud-throwers

 Reina and Grandpa playing in the sand.  This was the most relaxing time I had at the beach in a long time.  For once I didn't have a baby trying to eat sand or getting sand in their eyes.  I am usually so tired after a couple of hours there that I am ready to go home before anyone else.  This time, I didn't want to leave.  I went all the way in the ocean and did some boogie boarding like old times.  It was a blast!  We stayed all day.

 Aaron and cousin Sophia
 After the beach Aarons parents treated us to a yummy Japanese dinner.  It was a great day.
I couldn't get this picture to turn, but Taryn had a huge growth spurt over the summer.  In the Spring all of her size 6 clothes were still too big in the waist and by the fall she was wearing mostly size 8s.  She is getting so tall!

2 comments:

Amy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amy said...

Looks like a ton of fun and makes me miss the beach so much. Hopefully we will be able to visit a beach in California some day soon. I only know about the East Coast Beaches! Ok so my favorite picture is Aaron buried in the sand with seashells. LOL That is so funny! Glad yall had a good time.