Sunday, September 4, 2011

Father and Sons 2011

In the beginning of June, our ward had their father and sons campout.  They hiked up to Bear Flats which was about 2 miles past the Y hike.  Aaron said it was one of the hardest hikes he has done in a long time.  I loved that he had cell reception, so I could check on them the whole way up. 
 These pictures did not load in order, but the picture above is them eating ice cream for breakfast.  Our ward had an airplane fly over in the morning and parachute an ice chest of ice cream treats to them for breakfast.  How cool is that?  Even if the parachute never opened and it turned out to be an ice cream bomb cooler.


Mason hiking.

 One of my goals this year is to hike the Y.  Aaron and Mason have done it a couple times, but hiking it with the girls doesn't seem so exciting to me. 

The Camp~Beautiful

 Around the campfire, they made smores with GIANT marshmellows.  They also sang songs and told ghost stories.

My boys by the fire!

Ice cream bomb!
I am so happy that they went on this campout.  We have a great ward and are blessed to be a part of it.  I am lucky that Aaron likes doing these things with Mason and what great memories they will make over the years.  While they were away I went to the gym and then after I took the girls on a picnic with Happy Meals to the park.  When we pulled up to the park, Taryn and Kylie were so excited I was named "the BEST mommy ever."  I will take it!

No comments: