Well it has been a whirlwind of a week around our house. Aaron left to head back to Kalispell on Tues morning. About an hour after he left I began having severe abdominal pains. When I say severe, I mean I have never felt that much pain in my life before. It lasted for about an hour, and then began to subside, but the pain was still lingering. I knew it wasn't the flu, and had had this happen once before about a year ago. Then, over the summer both my sister and grandma had their galbladders out, and they say it runs in families. They did an ultrasound, and found a lot of galstones, so they scheduled surgery for 4pm the next day. That way, Aaron could drive home in time to be here for it.
The next morning the hospital called and told me they had a cancellation and would like to do my surgery at 1pm. The phone call was at 8:30 am, and they told me to check in at 10am. In the meantime, I had to pack, shower, bathe my 2 girls (yes I know they could have skipped it for one day) and find someone to watch all of my kids! Panic mode. I found someone to go with me to the hospital and take the baby too so I would know that she was right there with me. I found a friend to watch Kylie and Taryn. I also found someone to pick up Mason from school and take him to there house until Aaron could pick him up later. What would I do without my ward???? They were so wonderful and such a help. I couldn't have survived it without them.
Aaron was on his way and I was surprised that I was ok with him not being here until I was practically done with the surgery but I really felt strongly that it neede to happen soon. I was hoping he would be there when I woke up. So I got to the hospital with a massive headache and pretty dehydrated too. I honestly couldn't wait to go under so I wouldnt' feel my headache anymore. The hardest part emotionally was leaving Reina and knowing I could not physically take care of her. It really made me feel like a failure.
I don't want to bore you with details, so here is the end of it. They removed my gallbladder and did an ERCP (still not exactly sure you can webmd it if ya need to) and I awoke in terrible pain. Although I have had 4 c-sections, I have never been under anesthesia before. It was terrible to wake up. They were giving me morphine every hour, and I was STILL in horrific pain. The worst of my life. When the Dr. came in in the morning he politely explained that the pain was probably from the pancreatitis caused during the operation! What??? I had no idea. Neither did Aaron, because they never told him. That would explain the immense pain, fever, and low oxygen levels overnight! They gave me an antibiotic that cleared it up , and by mid-afternon I was feeling much better. Still in pain, but nothing like before.
I am home now, and still in pain but feeling a lot better. Aaron is home taking great care of me and I am grateful that it is not worse. If we were in high school our family would have been voted "most likely to need compassionate service." We have been in this ward since July, and needed meals 3 different times. Bedrest, c-section, and now this.
If this is hard to read or doesn't make sense, please keep in mind i am heavily medicated. thanks for your help and prayers. April, I wish I was awake to talk to you calling from Cambridge.
Be grateful there is not a picture here, it would be frightening, ask my mom. Happy insurance deductable and HAPPY NEW YEAR TO US!!!
3 comments:
Hello,
This is Rebecca Mullins by the way. I am sorry to hear you had to have surgery! But glad to hear you are well and doing better! Your kids are so big!! And cute!! Congrats on the new little one.
TTYL
wow! I had no idea how serious things were. It makes me wanna hop an plane and show up on your doorstep :( Your poor mother must have been going nuts enduring the details from afar. Glad you're on your way out of things - hopefully spring will bring lots of healthy peeps and new fun :)
Oh Sarah!! I am so sorry to read all the terrible tragedy! Yuck! You are a srtong woman. I am sucha wuss with out my husband and mom. I would have been a mess. I am glad you are on your road to recovery. Your girls are beautiful! And thanks for sendign me a message! :)
Post a Comment