Thursday, January 29, 2009

Kicked out of my kitchen, LITERALLY!!

Last week, when Taryn got home from preschool, she told Aaron that she wanted to make lunch in bed for me. He thought it was a great idea, and made up a menu, and had her be my waitress. I went down to the kitchen to see what they were up to and Aaron told her to kick me out of the kitchen, so I wouldn't see what they were doing. Then, this sweet little face from the picture above came up to me and started kicking me in the shins!! It hurt, but I was laughing so hard, I couldn't even scold her. Kids are so literal aren't they?
Here is the menu they brought me. It was rather expensive, but the resteraunt accepted fake $.

My waitress and I with my lunch. Yes, it was noon, and I was still in pjs.


7 comments:

Bonnie Martin said...

Sarah, I just found your blog from the comment section of our blog! Now I can keep up with your adorable family! Bonnnie Martin

Unknown said...

I'd like that at my house do they cater?

Marlene said...

I love it! Taryn is getting so big too. Ask her if she will serve me in bed too.

Christine Peterson said...

Wow, that's about the cutest thing I've ever seen!! I loved that Aaron went all out and made up a menu with Terran. So cute!

San Diego Area Public Affairs said...

My heart just about burst when I looked at this picture of Reina. Then, there is Taryn! She is such a sweet child (even if she's literal) and she is so pretty. I love them so much and miss you all way too much! Mom

TheGefrom5 said...

How sweet, and lucky! Dont' worry, I have those Pj days too ;)

monika said...

I got a good laugh out of this one! And I love Aaron's menu...his little statements cracked me up. What a sweet little Taryn to want to make you lunch! I hope my kids want to do something nice for me one day...we'll see.