Thursday, October 15, 2009

My baby is 1!

Reina Isabella Lee Banks came into our family on Oct. 15th, 2008. I can't believe it has already been a year now. I have to admit, it was the first pregnancy that I really didn't love. Aaron was away most of the time, I had 3 other little ones, and the end of my pregnancy with her consisted of 6 weeks of bedrest. That was really hard with 3 other ones! Anyways, after the false alarm and bedrest, she stayed in until the scheduled c-section on the 15th. She was a beautiful newborn, and was a great baby from the start. Many of you know that 2008 was a difficult year for us, and she was my calm in the storm. We are so glad she has joined our family, what a blessing!
Her first Halloween, at 16 days old.

She loves her siblings, and already says Ky Ky for Kylie. In the picture above, it was her first Easter, she was almost 5 months old.


Bathtime at 9 months.



She LOVES to play now. She has been walking for a month and a half. (the earliest Banks girl to walk) She says: Uh-oh, mama, dada (she loves her dad), night night, nana, and likes to hear herself make noise just like the rest of us. She loves her binkie, and likes to still sleep with her mom and dad. Her favorite foods are grapes, yogurt, and bananas. However, she has never met a food she doesn't like, again just like the rest of this family. She is still nursing, and only does at night and maybe once a day, and we are both enjoying it, so who knows when she will be weaned. Her nick names are Reinzy, Bella, Bellzie, Lovebug, and Reinybells. I made her a ladybug cake, and I will post more after the celebrations :) Yeah for my 1 year old!




3 comments:

Marcia said...

She is so cute! It is amazing how fast times flies with kids. I can't wait to see the cake.

San Diego Area Public Affairs said...

I can't believe it's been a year, either. So much has happened. I can't wait to see her, along with the rest of you and our Utah contingent. Love you, Mom

moliver said...

What a cute post. Happy Birthday to your baby girl! It sure goes by fast. I love the pictures too, what lovely kiddos you have!