Friday, October 2, 2009

My Next 30 years & other Ramblings.....

Ok, I really don't like doing a post without pictures, but blogger or my computer is being retarded, and I really wanted to blog about a few things, so I hope you enjoy my ramblings, sorry if I bore you.

This past week I turned the big 30. Yep, my 20s are now a thing of the past! I was a little grumpy about it at first. Not that 30 is even close to being old, it was just a strange feeling crossing over into another phase of my life. It was the first time I wasn't "thrilled" to enter into the new number, make sense? Aaron went to school, and I did my normal routine with the kids. Aaron usually stays at school until 6, but came home at 3 instead. I FINALLY got my bushy eyebrows waxed, and then we ate at California Pizza Kitchen, yum. We came home and had ice cream cake with my friend Amy and her family. Aaron got me TIVO for all of my wonderful shows that I love to record. I also got a pan that I have been wanting, and a turbie twist. It was a good day. I realized that I got a LOT accomplished in my 20s. I married my bestie, and had 4 beautiful children. I also must admit that I feel so much more comfortable in my own skin than I did at 20.

In other news around our house: Mason started wrestling, LOVE to watch him. He also lost another tooth. He seriously looks like a Jack O Lantern for Halloween. Kylie went to the dentist, and has a zillion cavaties, not kidding. Those will be fixed this week, fun times. Taryn like kindergarten, but complains that she hates PE because they make her run. She sounds just like me! Riena is into EVERYTHING. Aaron told me tonight that I am the glue that holds this family together. Then he laughed, and said "you know I mean crazy glue right?" He is so funny. Tomorrow we are getting together with a group of friends that were in our ward at BYU-Hawaii, that should be fun.

So to wrap this up, I am totally ready for conference this weekend. Each general conference, we have strawberry pancakes. Also, for OCt. conference, i always make a pumpkin roll cake. Yeah, we pretty much eat all day Sunday, but it is a good time. Teaching traditions right? So in talking to my BFF Jen last night, her mom always made macaroni salad, and sloppy joes. I want to hear some of your general conference traditions! What do you do for conference???? Have a great weekend!

4 comments:

moliver said...

Wonderful Post. It sure sounds like you accomplished a lot in your 20's. You have created a family, and that in itself is a beautiful accomplishment. And also, that being comfortable in your own skin thing, that is a wonderful feeling, isn't it?
Tivo/DVR makes you a better parent, I am convinced of that. Then you don't get mad at your kids for interupting your tv time. You probably never do that though, I'm sure that's just me.
And, conference tradition: Watching conference in our PJs! We're working on more meaningful traditions, but that one has stuck for years. =O) Happy Birthday!

Dee Dee said...

It sounds like your 20's were wonderful. 30's are definitely different, but each new stage if exciting, too. For conference my kids love to eat french toast casserole. It's DELICIOUS! I don't make it that often, but that's their fave. Their second fave is egg casserole.

Between sessions or after the second session, David and I love to go on a nature walk. (the kids...not so much) We go walk at the beach, the mountains, or even Old Town. It's just a little harder because you can't stop and get a soda or something to eat. It's a relaxing day that we hardly ever get any other time.
It's great you're making fun new traditions.

Joy said...

glad you had a great birthday. I responded to your aquarius comment with a new post on my blog

San Diego Area Public Affairs said...

I loved your post! Yes, you have had an amazing decade (that makes it sound long, doesn't it) and established a great foundation for your Eternal Family. I am proud of you. Love the part about Taryn and PE...yep...just like you! :)