Friday, November 14, 2008

What would I do without him?

A classic picture of my all boy!
When I was on bedrest, Aaron taught Mase a few extra things he could do to help around the house. So now, regularly, I ask him to switch the laundry from the washer to the dryer. Last week after I had asked him to, I walked upstairs and saw him doing this as he was switching the clothes. Whatever gets the job done!
Today I had his parent teacher conference. Aaron was out of town, so it was just me. I really like his teacher who seems to adore his eagerness to learn. I had to laugh as she was explaining my son to me, because what she was describing was a carbon copy of Aaron. I felt like I was at a conference discussing my husband! Mason is excelling well as a first grader, and his teacher is impressed at his willingness to be such a leader. She said he is even willing to work in partners with Douglas, whom not many other kids are willing to work with! LOL I often wish I could spend more time in the classroom, but with 3 other little ones at home it makes it difficult. It is so nice to go and get a good report from a teacher.
Last month was the primary program in our ward. At the end, as the children were singing I am a child of God, I thought I saw a tear rolling down his cheek. When he came down from the stand as I was hugging him and telling him what a great job he did, he told me that during that song he felt so happy and warm inside, it made him cry. I love him so much and I know we are far from perfect parents, but it is these sweet little moments that makes you feel like you are doing something right. He teaches me so much and I am so glad he is the firstborn in our family.

2 comments:

San Diego Area Public Affairs said...

And it is important to think about and give thanks for all the special things. They are the things you will remember.

A Country Girl and A Southern Boy said...

You do have good kids. So pat your self on the back. That little Mason of yours is such a sweetie. I miss him and Taryn very much!