Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Belated Birthday Post!

Because of our fun-filled summer so far, I am behind on my posts, even though I have been posting every week. This year for Aarons birthday, he wanted a cheesecake instead of a regular one. The one in the picture above is the one I SLAVED all day over, jk. Have you seen the new tubs of Philly brand cheesecake filling at the grocery store? They are so simple. You simply spread the filling into a pre-made graham cracker crust, and stick it in the fridge. Usually, I would make him something homemade, but it was about 115 degrees that day, so I took the easy way out. It was delish!
Aaron making his wish.

In the afternoon just our little family went bowling. There was a brand new bowling alley by his parents house, and it was really nice. Here is Mason pushing Reina around keeping her entertained. It was so much fun!


Here is Aaron and the kids watching me bowl. Taryn is praying she will be able to bowl as well as me when she grows up, hahahaha. Mason is looking at the scoreboard trying to figure out how many points he needs to catch up with my score. I felt HORRIBLE beating the birthday boy on his special day, but hey what can you do? It's not my fault I am so good at bowling!!



For lunch we went to Aarons favorite Mexican resturant by his parents house. When we are at home in California, we can't get enough of authentic mexican, MMMM. Aarons' sisters and their kids were both in town because his moms' birthday was the day before. I think he had a fun birthday. That night he took Mason and Taryn to the drive-in for a double feature with their cousins. I stayed home with the little girls.
We are getting all settled in here. Loving our family ward and the area in general. School is about to begin, and I am grateful for all of the fun things we have been able to do this summer, and all of the time spent with family. My mom and step-dad are here visiting this week. Next weekend, I am meeting my friend Jen Wiberg in SLC for a girls weekend, kid-free. (except for Reina, because she is nursing) I am so excited, I haven't seen her for a year! I hope everyone is enjoying the tail eind of summer.




2 comments:

Christian, Kerri, & The Boys said...

Your kids are soo cute!

The McNeil Family said...

Thanks for sharing that secret about the cheesecake. I love cheesecake, it sure looked yummy. I am glad you guys are finally getting settled.