
Mason has had a party for his birthday every year before this one. Honestly, I was kind of getting tired of them. They are a lot of work, and are so expensive. This year he decided to invite 3 friends to a movie instead. I actually think between the tickets and the treats, it was close to the same price, but clean up free! They came over afterwards and opened presents. I was a little bummed that Aaron took them while I stayed home with the girls. I kind of felt like I was missing out. After they opened presents, I took the boys home and Aaron stayed with the girls. After a 30 minute car ride with three 7 year olds beside my own, I wasn't so bummed anymore that Aaron took them, boys are crazy! I still can't believe he is 7!

Here he is opening Madagascar 2. Aaron was off of work that day so I actually got to volunteer in his classroom for the first time. I wish I could do it every week, but with 3 little girls a t home, it just doesn't workout.

Here is Mason blowing out his candles on his chocolate pie. It is his favorite at Christmas and Thanksgiving, so this year he wanted it instead of a cake. It is the easiest pie to make too, so I was glad. I wish I could say that I love to decorate a good cake, but I just can't get into it. I think they look great when other people make them, but cake decorating is just not for me. Hours of work just to have it all destroyed in minutes, I don't quite understand.
2 comments:
It's hard to believe he is 7 already. Don't get tired of birthday parties yet; you have many more to go! Nobody seems to plan a nice birthday party at the park anymore. Everyone has to outspend the last party. Maybe returning to some simpler things will be one of the upsides to this bad economy. I love your blog. Thanks for keeping it up!
PS...Don't start giving out the secret pie recipe! It's too easy and too good to share!
Post a Comment