Thursday, February 26, 2009

Birthday Festivities & My 3 Year Olds Personal Rights ;)

On Monday for Kylies birthday we had Kylies friend Camdens family over to celebrate with Aarons yummy Mexican food, cake, and presents. Above is Kylies excited expression when she opened her very own hairbrush that Aaron got for her. As you can see, she loved it. As for the 2 darling dresses that I bought her from old navy, she simply tossed them aside. One day, she will appreciate all of the cute clothes that I LOVE buying her.
Me and my 3 year old. It is such a great picture of her.

Earing #2, this morning, exciting story below. Ok, here is my earing story. For about a month, Kylie has been saying that for her birthday, she wants her ears pierced. So, on Monday we all headed to Claires. (walmart here doesn't do them) We told the salesclerk she wanted earings. The salesclerk explained that they only have one gun, so they have to pierce them one at a time. She proceeded to explain the policy that if Kylie changes her mind after the first one, she has the right to refuse the second one. Ok, wait a minute. MY CHILD IS 3, I AM HER MOM, WHAT RIGHTS DOES SHE REALLY HAVE?? Apparently, the right to change her mind. So if you are under 18, you may not get your ears pierced without parental consent. But you can change your mind about doing the second one, and of course that is what happened. My little Kylie on her birthday walked out of the mall with ONE darling flower earing, a sucker, and knowing that at just 3 years old, she has rights in this wonderful world. I was not very happy.
My mom had ordered a bike for Kylies' birthday for me to go pick up at Walmart. I kept telling Kylie that she wouldn't get to just keep one earing, and if she didn't do the other one before Sat., I would have to take the one earing out. She kept saying that she wanted the other one. I also used the bike that Grammy got her as a little parental blackmail. As soon as her other ear was done, she would get the big girl bike, and the 50 cent M&Ms that I bought her. Happy to say, now my little goose has both ears pierced. When we went to pick up the bike, she was yelling to everyone "I HAVE TWO EARRINGS!!" They gave her a look like they were thinkink "of course you do", but I was pretty darn proud, and glad it was over, done, pau!
Also, when I went back into the store this morning and I told the clerk she needed her other earing, the clerk told me "I HATE peircing ears." Then why in the heck do you work at Claires????
Obviously from the post above, I have no idea how to spell earrings! Earings???



Kylie with her pony cake and happy to be 3.


Earing #1 on Monday.




7 comments:

Marcia said...

I had Meghan's ears done on her third birthday too. She did not want the second one done either. Luckily for me, they didn't tell her she could choose.

monika said...

Cute story, Sarah! I love the pic of you and Kylie. You both look beautiful! And by the way, I always notice what cute clothes your girls have...and how they always match. I love it! ANd you're right, Kylie will appreciate it one day.

San Diego Area Public Affairs said...

And hopefully your girls will learn how to show on clearance a season ahead. I'm glad the little training bike could help. If Walmart did ears, you could have done both things at once. I love Walmart Site-to-Store. I think it's funny how Aaron grew up the only boy with sisters and now he lives in the same situation. Love the photos!

Jen said...

I am dying laughing. How long did she have the one earring before she got the other one done??? What a little crack up!

TheGefrom5 said...

I love that earring story!! :D That will be great to remember when she's older. Thank you for the eye comment. It will be fine. I just had to get the muscles straightened because I dont' see out of that eye and the eye was moving out ( like a lazy eye). It should be all good within a couple months!
Take care of yourself and your cute family!! :)

Natalie said...

I must confess I LOVE to stalk your blog. She is SO cute!!! I was completely disappointed when I found out you weren't going last Thanksgiving (yes off topic a bit?) cuz I knew Drew would have loved playing w/ your kids and I would have loved your company. Things were still a blast - but know that you are loved and wanted lol.

Summer's World said...

Its been too long since I caught up on your blog! Too funny! Could've called that one if you give them earring rights!!! I miss you! What's the story with you guys these days? Where are you living and are you moving? Megan came back and is having a homecoming on Sunday. Not sure if we can make it. Call sometime, k.