Monday, February 23, 2009

Happy 3rd birthday Kylie!

My little Kylie turns 3 today. I can't believe that it was 3 years ago that I was life flighted out of Rock Springs, WY to Ogden Utah. I was 32 weeks pregnant and the next morning had a c-section that delivered 3 lb. 12 oz Kylie McKay Banks. It was so scary. I stayed in Utah at the Ronald McDonald house for 6 weeks while she was in the NICU at McKay Dee. When she was 10 months old, her little PDA heart valve closed up on its own so she didn't need surgery. I am so grateful she is so healthy, happy, and full of life, energy, and love. She is such a little light in our home. She is so smart. You would never know she was premature except she is still pretty small for her age. She is a great sister, and tons of fun. For sure a Daddys' girl. We love you Ky-bird, Ky-Goose, Gooseyrama, gooserams. She is my only blue-eyed baby, we love you Kylie!!!
Halloween 2007.

She was a beutiful baby, I think she was about 4 months old in the picture above.

Playing with Taryn in our Green River house. Gosh do I miss it there.




So tiny. I will never forget my lonely days in Utah to be by her side as much as possible. We were so happy to bring her home, yet scared to death not to have the nurses there. When she came home she was almost 5 lbs. Today she is 26 lbs.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY KY!



3 comments:

The Griffins said...

I was thinking of Miss Ky Ky all day long yesterday. I kept wanting to get onto my email to send her a little love note, but didn't make it!! Tell her Happy Birthday from her Auntie Apes. I miss that little bundle of smiles. What a doll. How are you?? I miss you so much I can hardly stand it most days. Just wish you were here to chat and laugh with. I miss Monday nights with pizza and The Bachelor... mostly I just miss you!

San Diego Area Public Affairs said...

She is such a fun little girl. Grammie wants to see a picture of Kylie the Gypsy!

Streeters said...

I Forgot that she is just two days younger than Breckin....We were still in the Hospital when you went to the Hospital

Heath