Wednesday, March 31, 2010

And Madness Continued............

I have learned something over the last week. Never blog about how crazy your life is because the next week could be MUCH crazier. That is what happened in our house. I am going to blog a little about each day. MONDAY wasn't too bad. Usual housecleaning, errands and a family night lesson on Easter. I was in a downer mood but wasn't quite sure why. Mason came home from school with a restaurant coupon so we tried it out and it was yummy. TUESDAY morning the girls were playing in their room and Taryn came out crying. She had thrown a soccer ball up in the air and it had landed on her neck and she was really hurting. I rushed her in when the pain would not subside, and the dr said she was having severe muscle spasms and had an ear infection on that same side. We came home and it was a really long day because as she is my most nurturing child, she is a tough patient. Very taxing on her physically and me mentally. Her neck is still sore, but is much better. WEDNESDAY morning Kylie had a dentist appt. She has very weak teeth due to the fact that she was 8 weeks premature. The dentist showed me that one of her 2 front teeth aren't connecting to the permanent ones the way they should, and there were various other problems too. She needed so much done they would fix it at the surgery center the next day. I did 7 loads of laundry that day (which is much more of an ordeal having to leave the house with kids to do it) and then it was space derby (see post below) and Aaron had moot court. THURSDAY I was feeling nervous knowing that kylie was going under anesthesia but despite the craziness of the week I felt pretty organized since we didn't have to be there until 11:45. Until the phone rang. At 9:30 the surgery center called and said they could take her right now!!! Are you kidding? I had just got out of the shower and we were not ready. The only reason I agreed to rush and get there was because she was getting hungry and couldn't eat or drink anything. Thankfully, my friend Amy who was watching Reina, could watch her right away. So we left. It was LOOOONG. We got home at 2pm and then I picked up T from a play date, Aaron took her to soccer and I made dinner and did the rest of the normal stuff. I was bummed to miss the RS dinner that I was supposed to help set up for, but they understood. FRIDAY visiting teaching in the am. Errands. Went at 2:30 to watch my man at Moot Court. Loved seeing that. Friday evening ran to costco alone (so nice) and then we all ventured to the mall to get the girls appropriate soccer attire. Are you tired yet??
Here are Kylie and I waiting to go back to pre-op. That was the longest part. The staff there was wonderful but I did wonder why they called us early because we waited for an hour and a half. By the time she went back, she was so hungry & thirsty.

Daddy reading to kylie.

The nurse explaining to kylie that she would be blowing up a balloon that would make her really sleepy. Next thing she knew she would be all done. I didn't post a picture of recovery because it was awful. She was thrashing her body and crying and had a bloody nose. I almost past out, so embarrassing.


Although she was drowsy and out of it she was determined to exit the building wearing her favorite pink boots. Aaron bought them at a truck stop in Montana and she loves them. It will be a sad day when they don't fit her.



After such a crazy week, when we went to the mall to get soccer stuff, aaron took the kids to the car and I ran in Childrens Place by myself. When I went to get in the car, I almost sat on these wonderful chocolates from my husband hand picked for me. I know it sounds cheesy, but if you are going through life with your best friend and the one you love, you can get through anything. And as crazy as last week was, we are so blessed. Yeah for April!!!




3 comments:

erin said...

holy smokes! the life of a mom. seriously, crazy. poor kyle. i think she is adorable and i love those pink boots. when they dont fit her, at least they will make a cute decoration on a shelf or something. :)

Dee Dee said...

You are so happy April's here, aren't you?!! You poor thing. It's so hard when your kids suffer, but she does have some cute boots to make up for it! Hang in there.

Nichols said...

You are the woman! And how sweet of your hubby! It really does make it all worth it!